Students of the College enjoy several types of incentives and scholarships from both government and non-government sources. Following are the details of such scholarships:
Tuition fee-waiver scheme:
Tuition fee-waiver scheme or free studentship is the primary form of scholarship provided at the institutional level. The Departmental teachers interact closely with their students and recommend their names for free studentship, based on their merit and financial conditions. In turn, the College authorities forward those proposals which are approved by Government and/or Non Government organizations.
The institution provides aid to the students from the Students ‟Aid fund”, which is popularly known as the Poor-Fund, for various purposes such as examination fees, educational tour expenses, concession of hostel fees, etc. The Officer-in-Charge of the College also uses his discretionary power to waive the admission fees of needy students.
State Government scholarships:
- Kanyashree Prakalpo: The female students enjoy financial assistance from the State Government. The details are as follows:
- Kanyashree (K1): Annual incentive of Rs. 750/- to female students who are unmarried, age between 13-18 and annual family income is 1,20,000 or less.
- Kanyashree (K2): Unmarried female students of this College are entitled to Kanyashree (K-2) scheme since 2013. Under this scheme, one-time financial grant (Rs. 25,000/-) is provided by the Govt. of West Bengal, so that the female students can pursue their higher studies smoothly. The eligibility criteria to avail such scholarship are as follows:
- Date of Birth: Between 01/4/1996 and 31/3/1997
- Family income: Less than Rs.1,20,000/- per annum.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: Students also receive financial assistance from various State Governmental under merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Minority Scholarship: West Bengal Minority Development Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) provides scholarships to students from the Minority community. Many students of this College are benefited through this scholarship.
- Other scholarships: There are other scholarships given by
- Tata Chemicals Society for Rural Development
- District Mass Education
- Beedi shramik under labour Welfare Organisation
- National Handicapped Finance Devlopment Corporation
- Sitaram jindal
- Beriwala Seva Trust