Dr. Tithi Bose
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : Department of Economics
Highest Degree : PhD in Economics
Teaching Area : Micro and Macro Economics, Indian Economy, Development
Economics, Rural Development, Environmental Economics , Public Finance
- Awarded “Indian Council of Social Science Research” Fellowship for pursuing PhD in 2010.
List of Publications
1. Bose, Tithi and Archita Ghosh (2013), “Performance of Panchayats in Executing Indira Awas Yojana in West Bengal” in Ghosh and Chattopadhyay (ed.) Rural Development in India: Challenges and Prospects, Serials Publications, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-81-8387-592-9.
2. Bose, Tithi (2015): Right to Work And How It Is Being Executed in West Bengal : A Case Study, Indian Streams Research Journal, Volume.5, Issue.7, pp 1-16.
3. Bose, Tithi & Archita, Ghosh (2016): “How Far Has MGNREGS Contributed to Empowerment of Women? A Case Study of a Block in Purulia” in Hasibul Rahman (ed) Social Dimension of Indian Women , Kunal Books, New Delhi, ISBN : 978-81-932499-7-0.
4. Bose, Tithi & Archita, Ghosh (2017): “Is Women Empowerment Happening in India? A Study of a Block in West Bengal” in Abhijit Bhattacharya & Mousumi Ghatak (eds) Rural Development Programmes in India: Effectiveness & Evaluation , Serials Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, ISBN:9788193319093
5. Bose ,Tithi and Archita Ghosh (2017): “Empowerment of Women Through Public Programs in Rural West Bengal: A Study on National Rural Livelihood Mission in a Block of Purulia” in Chiranjib Niogi and Amit Bhandari (eds)Women’s Entrepreneurship and Microfinance Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd, ISBN: 978-981-10-4267-6 .
6. Ghosh , Archita and Bose, Tithi (2017) : “Selection and Performance of Self Help Groups in West Bengal: A Case Study” in Utpal Kumar De, Manoranjan Pal, Premananda Bharati (eds) Inequality, Poverty and Development in India: Focus on the North Eastern Region, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd, ISBN : 978-981-10-6273-5
- Completed a UGC Minor Project on Women Participation in NREGS in two backward districts of West Bengal. Sanctioned in February, 2015.
- Was associated with ICSSR sponsored research project on Participation of Muslim women in NREGS in two districts of West Bengal.