Dr. Bhubon Mohan Das
|Name||Bhubon Mohan Das|
|Teaching Area||Biological Anthropology|
List of Publications
Articles in Peer-reviewed Journal:
- Makal, A., Banerjee, A., Polley, K., & Das, M. (2018). Continuity and Change among Koras of Bindukata: An Ethnographic Re-analysis. Asian Journal of Social Science, 46(1&2), 52-78.
- Banerjee, A., Polley, K., Makal, A., & Das, B.M. (2017). The Insiders’ Experience of an Undergraduate Level Ethnographic Fieldwork Training Program in India. The Qualitative Report, 22(8), 2308-2330.
- Mozumdar, A., Das, B. M., & Roy, S. K. (2014). Life table analysis of a small sample of Santal population living in a rural locality of West Bengal, India. Anthropological Review, 77(2), 233-248.
- Das, B. M., & Roy, S. K. (2014). Socio-demographic correlates of self-rated health among Santals of rural West Bengal, India. Eurasian Journal of Anthropology, 5(1), 1-13.
- Das, B. M., & Roy, S. K. (2013). Rural – urban differences in nutritional status and physical body dimensions of adult Santal males of West International Journal of Anthropology, 28(4), 237-254.
- Ray, S., Das, B. M., Malakar, B., & Mishra, S. (2013). Bio-cultural perspective of reproductive and sexual health with special reference to adolescent male. The Asian Man, 7(1&2), 14-28.
- Ray, S., Mishra, S. K., & Das, B. M. (2012). Sexual and reproductive health issues among rural and urban adolescent boys of eastern India. Journal of Men’s Health, 9(2), 94-101.
- Ray, S., Mishra, S. K., Roy, A. G., & Das, B. M. (2010). Menstrual characteristics: A study of the adolescents of the rural and urban West Bengal, India. Annals of Human Biology, 37(5), 668-681.
- Das, B. M., & Roy, S. K. (2010). Age changes in the anthropometric and body composition characteristics of the Bishnupriya Manipuris of Cachar district, Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 1(2), 122- 130.
- Das, B. M., & Roy, S. K. (2009). Socio-economic status and health of the Bishnupriya Manipuris of Cachar district, Assam. Journal of Indian Anthropological Society, 44(3), 333-343.
- Das, B. M., & Ray, S. (2007). Adolescent male reproductive health: awareness and behavior among peri-urban and rural boys of West Bengal, India. International Journal of Men’s Health, 6(2), 79-99.
Article in Book Chapter:
- Roy, S. K., Das, B. M., & Kar, S. (2010). Health and health maintenance system of the Dimasa Kacharis of Assam. In: A. K. Danda & I. Talwar (Eds.), On Medical Anthropology: India (Volume 11 of INCAA occasional papers) (pp. 223 – 249). Jhargram, India: Indian National Confederation and Academy of
In Annual Report:
- Indian Council of Medical Research (2013). Anthropology, Basic Medical Annual Report 2012-2013, page 155. Available on h ttp://www.icmr.nic.in/annual/2012-13/english/8.pdf
- Department of Health Research (2014). Health Status and Health Behaviour of Santals: Comparison between Urban and Rural Groups. Anthropology, Basic Medical Annual Report 2013-2014, page 212. Available on h ttp://dhr.gov.in/annual_report/2013-14/PDF/English%20pdf%20files/53.pdf
Project (Major) handled so far
2009 – 2014
Worked in a research project entitled “Health Status and Health Behaviour of Santals: Comparison between Urban and Rural Groups” under ICMR fellowship scheme at Biological Anthropology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
2006 – 2008
Worked in the project entitled “Health and Disease: Comparison between two ecological settings” at Biological Anthropology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
2005 – 2006
Worked in the project entitled “Adolescent Male Reproductive Health” under DSA Phase III Programme (UGC) at Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
Seminar/Conference/Workshop attended (2017-2020)
- Participated “Tobacco Control Workshop” jointly organized by NSS Cell, Vidyasagar University and Sambandh Health Foundation, New Delhi at Vidyasagar University, Medinipur on February 25,
- Presented a paper entitled “Anthropometric traits, Body Composition and Physical Fitness Index: A Micro Level Study Among College Students of Haldia, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal” in the National Seminar on Expediency of Physical Education Sports Wellness Fitness and Positive Health in Modern Mechanized World held on January 13, 2020 organized by Government Physical Education College for Women, Hooghly, West Bengal.
- Presented a paper entitled “Anaemia and it’s Socio-Demographic Determinants: A Micro-level Study Among the Santals of West Bengal, India” in 17th Conference on “Health, Gender and Development: Emerging Issues and Challenges” of Indian Association for Social Sciences and Health (IASSH) held during December 08-10, 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- Participated as Nodal Officer (Professor-in-Charge) of Haldia Government College for organizing District Level Youth Parliament Competition for the year 2019- 2020 on November 6-7, 2019 conducted by Department of Parliamentary Affairs, Government of West Bengal.
- Participated Two Days Training of Trainers (TOT) Programme on “Drug Abuse Prevention & Counselling” organised by Regional Directorate of NSS, Kolkata in collaboration with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India at Presidency University, Kolkata during September 25-26,
- Participated in the one day State level Seminar on “Tribal Food and Nutrition in West Bengal” held on September 7, 2018 organized by Cultural Research Institute, Kolkata.
- Presented a paper entitled “Health Seeking Behaviour of Urban and Rural Santals of West Bengal, India” in the National Seminar on Tribal Culture in West Bengal held during June 28-29, 2018 organized by Cultural Research Institute, Tribal Development Department, Government of West Bengal.
- Participated in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Govt. of India Sponsored 3 days Workshop on Disability entitled “In-service Training and Sensitization of Central and State Govt., Local Bodies and other service providers” for the NSS Programme Officer organized by Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata at Vidyasagar University, Medinipur during May 18-20, 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled “Sleep Duration, Socio-demography and Health: An Exploratory Study” in the National Seminar on Bio-cultural Heritage of Eastern India: Theoria, Praxis and Poiesis held during March 28-29, 2018 organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Participated in the Department of Professional Training Sponsored 3 days Workshop on Disaster Management for the NSS Programme Officer organized by National Disaster Management unit, Administrative Training Institute, Kolkata held during June 28-30, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “Prevalence of Hypertension in a Rural Community: Study Among Santals of Bankura, West Bengal” in the National Seminar on Human Diversity And Development: Local To Global Perspectives held during March 27- 28, 2017 organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Presented a paper titled “Overweight and Obesity Status of the Urban Santals of Howrah, West Bengal, India” in the 104th Session of Indian Science Congress held at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh during January 3-7, 2017.
- Life member of Indian Anthropological Society.
- Life member of Indian Association for Social Sciences and Health.
- Life member of Indian Science Congress Association.