|Highest Degree||PhD. (awarded by University of Calcutta)|
|Teaching Area||Basic Concepts in Sociology Western and Indian Sociological Thought & Sociological Theories.|
List of publications
- 2014. Perceptions of Friendship in the Third Age: Retirees in Kolkata, co-authored by Dr. Sudeshna Basu Mukherjee, International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies, ISSN: 2348 – 0343, Vol 1, No.6, Page: 107-121.
- 2016. Globalization, McDonaldization & Fast Food Consumption among Youths, Journal of Department of Sociology, University of Calcutta, ISSN: 2395-2032, Volume: 2016, Page:
- 2018. Social Relationships in Digital Era: Friendships & Social Capital, International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT & Social Sciences, ISSN 2550-0558, IF:6.452, Volume 8, Issue 6, June, 2018, Page: 268-270. UGC Journal No:42301.
- 2018. Dialectics of a Friendship: Gora and Vinay, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, ISSN 2249-2496, IF: 7.081, Volume 8, Issue 10(1), October, 2018, Page: 567-571. UGC Journal No:48887.
Articles in Edited Volumes:
- 2014. “Globalization and Transformation of Relationships” co-authored by Dr. Sudeshna Basu Mukherjee in Gender, Identity and Multiple Marginalities, Ed. Ishwar Modi, Rawat, New Delhi.
- 2015. “Globalization, Cultural Transformation & Indian Diaspora” in The Diasporic Dilemma: Exile, Alienation & Belonging, Ed. Dr. Pradipta Mukherjee, Creative Books, New Delhi.
- 2017. “Personal Relationships in a ‘Liquid’ World” in Signifying Values: A Realm of Socio-Philosophical Understanding, Ed. Dr. Susmita Bhattacharyya & Samistha Mitra, Levant Books, Kolkata
Selected Conference papers:
- 2011. Youth Friendship through Lenses: Narratives in popular Bollywood Films in International Seminar on Meeting youth Needs in the 21st Century Canada & India: Youth Work, Young People & Youth Policy organized by Department of Sociology, University of Calcutta, 28th-29th November, 2011.
- 2011. Intergenerational Relationship and Quality of life of the Aged in Engaging Canada conference organized by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute in association with the Canadian High Commission, the University of Calcutta, Jadavpur University & the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, 3rd-4th December, 2011.
- 2012. Friendship in the Third Age in international Symposium on Aging organized by Department of biochemistry, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, 1st-3rd October, 2012.
- 2016. Gender, Friendship and Cultural Representation in a one day seminar titled Gender, Representation, Culture organized by Women’s Cell, Haldia Government College, 19th February, 2016.
- 2019. Digital Connections: Friendship Relationships in the Cyber Age in one day International Seminar on Probing the Role & Impact of Social Media on major Aspects of Contemporary Life organized by the Departments of Bengali, English, History, journalism & Mass Communication, Philosophy and the IQAC of Asutosh College, Kolkata, 22nd February, 2019.
- 2019. Travails with Motherhood: An Autoethnogrphic Exploration of Being a Mother in Two Day National Seminar on Self and the Life-World organized by the department of Sociology of north Bengal University in collaboration with the Research Committee (28) on Sociology of Everyday life of the Indian Sociological Society, 1st-2nd March, 2019.
Minor Research Project on Fast Food: Perceptions and Practices of youth in Kolkata funded by UGC